Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The moment I knew I was an American.

I never really had any one moment where I said to myself wow, I’m an American. But when you look at who I am, I’m a very American boy. I play football. I can be very close-minded. I love fat food, fast cars, and pretty girls, as the saying goes. I don’t think that kids my age usually have any one moment where they knew they were an American. I’m proud to be American, but not necessarily proud of how Americans are portrayed around the world. I don’t really have an opinion on the war, but I support the troops serving for our country. I wouldn’t even mind being in the military one day. I've had a pretty fully American experience in my life time though. I've been to 49 states and we have plans to go to the last one (Hawaii) next Christmas. I think that going to every state is very American because what’s more American than seeing every part of your country?? So I would say I am very American in general, but I don’t have any specific time when I recognized I was especially American. I was raised American and I will definitely stay this way the rest of my life. So to the rest of my fellow Americans, I bid you ado.

2 comments:

  1. :) i love how you wrote this. It's very true. And I really love what you said about the war - you support the troops serving for our country. I don't mean to force my opinion or anything, but while I of course one hundred percent support our troops, wouldn't it be incredible if there was no need to support them? I think we should try to do everything to help end the war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is somewhat ironic how you admit to knowing you're close-minded yet don't portray the acknowledgment. why is it that you're proud to be american? I'm not saying that there's no reason to but if you knew why people around the world judge america harshly, you might have to partially agree with them.

    ReplyDelete